Congress comprises of multiple members of the House of Representatives and Senators who leads them all. At present, there are two senators elected from the fifty states to lead the league. It is one of the most reputed and powerful designations in the political era of the United States.
Some of the most common requirements of being a US Senator?
- An individual must be thirty years old
- S/he must be a permanent citizen of the United States for at least nine years at the time of applying for being a senator.
Roles and responsibilities of a US Senator –
A Senator has to be available at the home state and Washington, DC, whenever required or called. As they are required to spend most of the time in more than a location, Senators often have multiple residents.
If we talk about the exact roles and responsibilities of a US Senator that depends on several factors. It all depends if the selected Senator has been appointed as a –
- Majority Leader
- Minority Leader
- Or any other similar designations
Generally, a Senator’s job includes –
- Reading and passing the legislation
- Commencing and attending the committee assignments
- Approving all the treaties
- Supporting their respective parties and helping them to achieve their defined roles and responsibilities
- Nominating the members of the Supreme Court, Ambassadors, Cabinet Secretaries, Federal Officials, etc.
- Regulating the transportation, communications, and money supply aspects
How US Senator may help to encourage controlling the global pandemic?
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the world adversely adding a lot to the global economic losses. Here, an US Senator can help the nation sail through with minimal loss possible. Thinking how to check this out –
- By introducing plans and policies made in the interest of public
- Voting for relief bill and encouraging it in front of the authorized government
Key takeaway –
A US Senator in the United States is a prestigious designation in the US political world. From being an essential part of all the major discussions and meetings to introducing new bills in front of the authorized government, a US Senator plays a vital role in many ways possible. This makes it clear for the leading government to make the most out of a Senator’s role and bring better decorum in the nation.